Documents and forms
Flovilla Water System
The City of Flovilla operates a water system that consists of five (5) wells and two (2) above ground tanks. The above ground tanks can store up to 100,000 to 150,000 gallons of water. In December 2014, the City of Flovilla’s water system was inspected by the Environmental Protection Division (EPD) of the Georgia Department of Natural Resources and was considered to be an Outstanding Performer.
Water samples are drawn and tested daily in an effort to ensure that the water is adequate for consumption. Flovilla provides water services to citizens within the city limits and also to citizens within the surrounding areas of Flovilla. To obtain an application for service or for further information, please contact Flovilla City Hall at 770-775-5661.
To report water leaks or problems with your water service you may contact Flovilla City Hall at 770-775-5661
The City of Flovilla offers weekly trash pickup for citizens for a minimal fee each month. This service is contracted through Waste Management (WM). Citizens who obtain the trash service will be provided a trash can that must be used in order to have their trash disposed of. Currently the scheduled trash pick-up is on Friday of each week, but may change dependent upon holiday’s that may occur within the week. For example; if a holiday falls on a Monday the pickup day for trash will be on Saturday. The current monthly fee for the trash pickup services is $16.00 and is added onto your monthly water bill. To obtain an application for service or for further information, please contact Flovilla City Hall at 770-775-5661.
To report problems with your trash pickup service you may contact Flovilla City Hall at 770-775-5661
Flovilla Fire Department
The Flovilla Fire Department (FFD) was established in 1968 with Luther Jones serving as Fire Chief. The Flovilla Fire Department currently operates as a volunteer fire department. The current Volunteer Fire Chief is Mr. Shane Thompson. Mr. Thompson began serving as Flovilla’s Fire Chief in January 2016.
The Flovilla Fire Department provides service within the city limits of Flovilla as well as the South East portion of Butts County. The FFD operates several pieces of apparatus to support our emergency mission.
- Engine 21 a 1994 Pierce Engine with a 1250 gpm pump, and a 1000 gallon tank
- Tanker 22 a 2011 Southern Fire Tanker with a 500 gpm pump and 2000 gallon tank
- Utilty 24 is a 2001 F-250 used for Medical Calls, it also has a 100 gallon tank for Woods fires
- Utility 24 pulls the Air Light Trailer and the Fire Safety House
- Squad 25 is a 2003 E-One mini pumper, it has a 750 gpm pump and carries 240 gallons of water
- Polaris is used for woods fires and searching for lost persons
- Air Light Trailer used to fill air bottles on scene and provide lights on emergency scenes
- Fire Safety House is used to teach fire safety at many different venues in our county
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, you may pick up a Volunteer application at Flovilla City Hall or Flovilla Fire Department at 308 Heard Street, Flovilla, GA 30216.
The following criteria must be met in order to become a volunteer fire fighter:
- You must be 18 years of age
- Not convicted of a felony in the last 10 years
- High School Graduate, or GED
- Must have a current/valid GA Drivers License