Flovilla Fire Department
The Flovilla Fire Department (FFD) was established in 1968 with Luther Jones serving as Fire Chief. The Flovilla Fire Department currently operates as a volunteer fire department. The current Volunteer Fire Chief is Mr. Shane Thompson. Mr. Thompson began serving as Flovilla's Fire Chief in January 2016.
The Flovilla Fire Department provides service within the city limits of Flovilla as well as the South East portion of Butts County. The FFD operates several pieces of apparatus to support our emergency mission.
- Engine 21 a 1994 Pierce Engine with a 1250 gpm pump, and a 1000 gallon tank
- Tanker 22 a 2011 Southern Fire Tanker with a 500 gpm pump and 2000 gallon tank
- Utilty 24 is a 2001 F-250 used for Medical Calls, it also has a 100 gallon tank for Woods fires
- Utility 24 pulls the Air Light Trailer and the Fire Safety House
- Squad 25 is a 2003 E-One mini pumper, it has a 750 gpm pump and carries 240 gallons of water
- Polaris is used for woods fires and searching for lost persons
- Air Light Trailer used to fill air bottles on scene and provide lights on emergency scenes
- Fire Safety House is used to teach fire safety at many different venues in our county
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, you may pick up a Volunteer application at Flovilla City Hall or Flovilla Fire Department at 308 Heard Street, Flovilla, GA 30216.
The following criteria must be met in order to become a volunteer fire fighter:
- You must be 18 years of age
- Not convicted of a felony in the last 10 years
- High School Graduate, or GED
- Must have a current/valid GA Drivers License